Humane Outreach through Progressive Education
- Offers a variety of youth based programs that educate children about responsible pet stewardship while targeting areas where challenges are most prevalent.
- How we treat our companion animals reflects what we know. Sometimes unintentional community ignorance leads to heartbreaking realities.
- Through public outreach the Santa Barbara County Animal Care Foundation shares information with our community to empower them to make informed decisions for a better tomorrow.
- By reaching out to our community we can empower our youth by teaching the tools to allow them to make informed decisions regarding the promotion of the humane ethic and responsible treatment of all animals.
Animal Ambassador HOPE Workshops
- The Animal Ambassador Program is a partnership between Adam School K-Kids and SBCACF
- 2011 offers 4 one-day Saturday youth workshops from 9 a.m.-3 p.m
- Children learn about local animal issues and become animal ambassadors to help spread the work to educate and enlighten our community about concerns of pet overpopulation, the importance of pet responsibility, bite safety, and how to make an active difference.
- The workshops offer a combination of instruction with hands-on activities.
- This program is offered to 36 youth.
- This program was partly made possible by PETCO.
Camp HOPE Summer Day Camp
- Week-long summer camp held Monday through Friday at the Santa Maria Animal Center
- Open to youth ages 9-12 years old.
- Camp introduces campers to a variety of hands-on learning modes to allow youth to explore career and volunteer opportunities, basic pet responsibility, important life skills and local animal issues
- Camps are limited to 30 campers per session; camps fill up fast so register early to ensure a spot
- Camp HOPE Jr. Counselor & Counselor
- Dogtoberfest Event Volunteer
- Cause 4 Paws Event Volunteer
- Shelter Volunteer
"If a child is to keep his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it,
rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in."
~ Rachel Carson ~