This Year's Event
Sunday, September 9, 2012 (Rain or Shine)
Pioneer Park, 1000 West Foster Road, Santa Maria, CA
Registration 9:00am - 10:00am
Walks Starts AT 10:15am
For every participant to raise $100 in pledges.
- Collect pledges from friends, family, neighbors and businesses
- Your entry fee counts towards your prize level
- Remember, all pledges go towards helping the homeless animals in our county
- Individuals and teams complete for a Golden Biscuit Trophy Award
- You can mail in pledges or turn them in the day of the event. Mailing deadline is August 30, 2010
- US Currency only please!
Rules and Recommendations for Walkers
- Limit to one dog per walker/runner.
- Participating dogs must be at least 4 months old
- Keep your dog on a six foot or shorter leash to prevent entanglements (no retractable leashes, please)
- It’s okay to walk your pet at a moderate pace. A Cause 4 Paws is designed to be fun, not competition
- Please do not bring cats or any other animals who may be at risk around dogs
- Use good judgment. Please do not bring a pet that will be frightened or is a risk to other animals or humans
- Please be sure that your dogs’ vaccinations are up to date and that ID tags are worn
- Please do not bring dogs in heat
- Please be responsible and clean up after your dog
- Event officials reserve the right to refuse entry to any animal
- If your dog is not already spayed or neutered, SBCACF encourages you to have your dog fixed. Because of our local pet overpopulation problem, spaying or neutering your pet helps to make a difference and also has many health benefits
Ways to register
- Pre-register in person at SMAC County Animal Shelter, 548 West Foster Road, Santa Maria
- Mail in Registration: SBCACF, Attn: C4P, P.O. Box 307, Santa Maria, CA. 93456
- Day of Registration: 9-10 a.m. Pioneer Park, 1000 West Foster Road, Santa Maria
Why form a Pledge Walk Team?
Fun ♥ Competition ♥ Recognition
- Your company, union, school, association or club can form a Pledge Walk Team with as few as two members or as many as your entire group.
- Pledge Walk Teams offer local groups an opportunity to collaborate to make an active difference in their community while boosting morale and promoting teambuilding.
- We encourage creative and fun competition between the teams: wear company shirts, make banners, hold a fundraiser at the office, and invite friends and family to join your team.
- Compete for the Golden Biscuit Trophy. This annual traveling award is given to the Pledge Walk Team that raises the most money per person and shows the most creativity during our Pledge Walk.
Cause 4 Paws SPONSORS
Why do businesses become a Cause 4 Paws sponsor?
Santa Barbara County is filled with animal lovers. By linking your company name to this great event, you let the community know that you are concerned about issues that are important to them, and that you are willing to help be a part of the solution. All sponsors receive recognition for their contribution to the event. There are many ways that you can provide sponsorship for A Cause 4 Paws; by signing up for one of our sponsorship packages, by making an in-kind donation of products or services, or by asking your employees and customers to show their support for the cause. We will help you create a sponsorship package that works for you! With your help, we can raise the seed money that will ensure the success of our event. When considering your generous sponsorship, be aware of the fact that 100% of the profits raised as a result of A Cause 4 Paws are used to provide local programs to directly assist our county's homeless animals.